brenna2

Brenna Skalski

What is your concentration?

Rhetoric and Composition

Why are you majoring in English?

I am studying English so that I can practice skills such as reading comprehension, writing, persuasion, and argumentation for law school. I am also majoring in English because I find the study of rhetoric to be incredibly intriguing and important in both my personal and professional lives.

What was your favorite English class at Georgia State (so far)?

So far, my favorite English class was ENGL 3080 Persuasion: History, Theory, and Practice. I also very much enjoyed a course I took in American literature.

What are some of your extra-curricular projects or activities?

My extra-curricular activities include playing softball for Georgia State University, presiding on the Student Athlete Advisory Board, being apart of the WomenLead business course, participating in the Panther All-Academic Team, and volunteering through Hands on Atlanta and Atlanta Mission.

What long-term plans or aspirations do you have for your career?

My long-term career plans include participating in a six-month internship in Barcelona, Spain, where I will work for a global freight company called Kuehne + Nagel. Upon returning to the United States, I plan to attend law school and study corporate law. I hope one day to retire from practicing law and become a mentor or college professor.