Undergraduate Student Advising

Do you have questions about majoring or minoring in English?

The first stop is the Undergraduate Advising Center, where the university’s outstanding Academic Advisors can help you to define a path toward earning your degree, guide you in completing required forms, and assist you in constructing your academic schedule.

If you are a senior or have already earned more than 90 credit hours, please contact instead the Office of Academic Assistance. This team of specialists in the College of Arts and Sciences will help you to develop a course plan for your final year, review your graduation audit, and discuss any graduation-related course substitutions.

The Department of English also has a team of advisors who can sign your graduation audits, evaluate possible transfer credit for individual English courses, and answer questions about internships and the English curriculum. For all 1000- and 2000-level courses, please go to Lower-Division Studies, where you will find contact information and answers to FAQs. For all 3000- and 4000-level courses, please stop by or call the English Department’s front desk (404-413-5800) to make an appointment.